Transporting a car
If you are moving to another city, and do not want to drive or transport your car with a crane, here are some tips on how to work with a car transport service reliably.
Following these precautions will ensure that both your car, as your tractor, or any other type of vehicle to be transported properly and qualified carriers.
1. Wash your car even if you are embarking on an open trailer Why? Very simple, you’ll want to note any scratches, dings, or any cosmetic damage to the bodywork of your vehicle.
2. Remove any items or personal document of the car.
3. Turn off or disable the alarm.
4. Do not fill the fuel tank. If the tank is low, between 1 / 8 and 1 / 4 of its total capacity, this will remove a lot of weight
5. Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as your car Bajer, spoilers, fog lights.
6. If your vehicle has wide mirrors, fold them.
7. Lower and retract / remove the antenna.
8. Protect your vehicle anywhere that can be called, must travel as safe as possible. Try to seal any holes or open joints in the deck to prevent air or moisture can cause damage. If you can not raise the hood, you should try to cover it with a tarp that will stand up much wind.
9. Make sure the battery is charged, the tires have proper air pressure and liquid fills all the vehicles and the driver let him know if you have a leak.
10. Prepare a comprehensive list of any operational problems that have the car, or steps to start, stop, or drive your vehicle in and out of the trailer.
11. Prepare a full report of any existing damage your vehicle may have. You can even take photos (with date) before release for shipping.
It is recommended that meet the different methods of transporting a vehicle:
An open trailer is not covered, is most frequently used and usually more expensive than an enclosed trailer. However, your vehicle will be exposed to all the elements of nature while being transported.
An enclosed trailer is a vehicle that has a cargo deck area, and is most commonly used when vehicles carrying costs or collection you want to protect. If your vehicle will travel across the country and pass through desert terrain and dry, you might consider an enclosed trailer to protect from the wind that brings sand and heat. As for the price are usually more expensive.
The price is usually determined by the distance to the vehicle must be transported and the popularity of the route.
Hire a car carrier that has credibility and expertise.
You have all the necessary questions, until you feel comfortable with your carrier and the transport price will cost.
Cars leaking oil, brake fluid or transmission, NEVER, should be at the top of a trailer with two levels. These leaks may damage the paint of cars on the lower level of the trailer.
For commercial carriers, make sure you understand exactly the scope of the “estimated” for transportation costs, as some unscrupulous carriers might try to charge you an extra charge of course.