How to remove paint from your car
If you want to remove paint from your car or truck is a good idea to completely remove the paint instead of painting on the original painting. You can paint over the original paint if you’re sure is in good condition. If you are painting over a painting that is already in the car, new paint will only be of the quality in which the paint layer underneath. There are three main ways to remove paint a car. When one layer of paint you sand the car, when hard layers can use a chemical separator or you can make one with a special machine Sandblasting to remove paint.
Removing paint with a sander
1. Use a respirator. At a minimum, you must have a dust mask.
2. Machine uses a dual action sanding with sandpaper 220. Attach the sandpaper to the sander.
3. Sand the surface until you remove all paint.
4. Change the disk to a 400 grit sandpaper until smooth.
Removing paint with a chemical separator
1. Use a mask and gloves, heavy work.
2. Remove all outside the car. Including rubber bands, accessories and crystal.
3. Made the chemical separator on the painted surface of the car. Let stand for the time indicated by the label.
4. Try scraping with a spatula to see if the surface is ready. If you can not easily remove paint, you can take a little more separate chemical and / or wait longer.
5. Scrape the entire surface with a spatula.
6. Apply a second coat of chemical stripper, if necessary, and scrape again.
7. Rinse the car with water and let dry.
8. Use 220 grit sandpaper to remove the remaining paint and then smoothed with sandpaper 400.
Removing the paint with a Sandblasting
1. Use a thick shirt with long sleeves, gloves and a respirator.
2. If you’re using plastic particles, covers all glass, chrome and seats. If you’re using sand particles, you must remove all glass, chrome and seats.
You can protect materials if you wish, but you should try first if the sand does not pass through security.
3. Choose the type of particles they used.
The particles range from plastic or sand and can be used from size 40 to size 12.
You can also use baking soda if there are many layers of paint and if the car does not have any rust.
4. Select the nozzle blaster compressor and you will be using for work. Most tip sizes vary according to the power of the compressor.
5. Add your compressor particles.
6. Adjust the pressure correctly, according to the particles and the sizes you choose.
7. Let them blast the entire car until you remove all paint.
Always wash your car and allowed to dry before starting.
You can use the sander you want. However, dual action sanders, although more expensive, are more effective.
Be sure to read the instructions and warnings the chemical stripper.
Use a respirator approved quality by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) to remove the paint with the chemical.
Do not use heavy-duty grinders to remove paint from your car. They can penetrate the layer and leave marks that will be through the paint.
When using a dual action sander, sandpaper never put one over the other. This can cause uneven sanding.
You must keep the dual action sander flat against the surface of the car to avoid accidents or an increase in the surface.
No lijes body plate. If you do, you’ll hurt and deformed steel.
Do not try to remove paint from a car unless you’re in a well ventilated area.
Note that you can deform the surface if you spend a lot of blasting in an area or if the burst is very strong.
Things You’ll Need
A respirator or dust mask
Size 220 sandpaper
A dual action sander
Size 400 sandpaper
Thick protective gloves
Sandpaper of different sizes
Long-sleeved thick shirt
Particles for blasting
Nozzle for the compressor