The Australian Unveiled Spartan V Supercar
Australians from Spartan Motor Company has unveiled the first details about supercar V. It has 170 HP and weighs only 661 lb.
Australian company Spartan Motor Company gave birth to a mad supercar, which they named V. He hides under the hood the propeller 1198 S, from Ducati, whose displacement is of 1.2 liters and can produce up to 170 HP. Power is transmitted to wheels through a sequential six speed gearbox.
There is an old yarn about a Spartan boy who stole a fox, hiding it beneath his coat. The fox was gnawing at the boys flesh to be set free, but rather than face the humiliation of being found a thief, he allowed the fox to feast on his bones until he could wander off by himself to die from the wounds.
Spartan V has a tubular chassis and its body is made of carbon fiber. The Australians weigh 661 lb and can sprint from 0-60 mph in less than three seconds and maximum speed anounced by the automaker is 173 mph. Also the Australian supercar received Sparco sports seats, a performance braking system which comes from Wilwood,and 17-inch sport wheels. Spartan V will be built only 300 units and a copy costs 90,000 Australian dollars, the equivalent of $ 85,000.
- Engine: Ducati (1198S)
- Capacity: 1199cc
- Power: 170 horsepower
- Weight: 660 lbs
- Brakes: Wilwood 300mm ventilated and scalloped rotors and Wilwood 4-piston billet calipers
- Pedals: Tilton racing pedal assembly with remote brake bias
- Wheels: 7×17-inch race wheels
- Tires: 205/45 R17
- Transmission: six-speed sequential
- Suspension: Fully adjustable double wishbone with adjustable shock absorbers
- Steering: Woodward Racing quick ratio steering rack and collapsible steering column, Sparco quick release steering hub, Sparco Formula steering wheel
- Instruments: Ducati 1198 Digitek LCD dash
- Seats: Sparco competition FIA-approved racing seats, Sparco Racing 5-6 point harness
- Final drive: Drexler Motorsport Formula chain drive LSD
- Chassis: Trellis design spaceframe. FIA-approved roll bar (optional)
- Body: Carbon-fiber
- Performance: 0-60 in less than 3 seconds
- Top speed: 173 mph